Thursday, October 22, 2009

Back on two wheels

This week I've been wafting into work on my road bike - a $500 ebay special. It's great to be moving again and that tarmac - what a great idea! A smooth hard surface to roll along. Excellent.

I had a bit of trouble at the start of the week as I lacked strength in my hands. Even now I find it hard to change into and out of the big ring; my left had is a bit weak, but I can brake okay. (On the road I subscribe to Sheldon Brown's 'only ever use the front brake' idea. I'm not sure if it's any better or worse than using both brakes but its good fun. Certainly, it's easy on the back tyre - I've got a moth eaten Michelin Pro-race on the back. It's been on it's last legs for months - refuses to die)

The mountain bike is still in bits - the good guys at Brookvale Bike Factory are servicing the forks. I sent them directly to Brookvale to avoid the excess baggage charges! I'm in no hurry to get back off the road. I doubt I could hang on anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment